Believe it or not, we are most alert and awake in the morning, but you might find it difficult to knuckle down and get started. Here are a few tips on how to maintain that positive mindset if you are struggling to motivate yourself while you’re at home.
- Believe in yourself – Create a to-do list that’s achievable. You don’t need to tick off every task, but don’t be unrealistic either. Do your best, but don’t push yourself too hard.
- Be thankful – In trying times like these, it’s easy to lose sight of the good things. Adopt a sense of gratitude, especially for the small things, as it can reduce stress and overcome negativity. In turn, this will have a positive effect on your productivity, sleep, appetite, mood and relationships.
- Be conscious – Try activities like meditating or journaling. During this period, you’ll inevitably have more time to yourself, so use it to become more aware of yourself. There’s a difference between your inner and outer self and becoming aware is the first step in understanding that.
- Stay positive – Your morning sets the tone for the rest of the day. Start the day with positive affirmations: “Today will be a good day” or “I’m going to be productive today,” and you’ll be amazed with how much your day actually improves. Surround yourself with positive people, make time for calls or video chats with people you can’t see in person. Bring out the best in the people you’re isolating with and they’ll bring out the best in you.
- Self-care – Having specific goals for the day, however small, will give you a sense of achievement and something to look forward to. Take good breaks, some exercise or a healthy snack, as a reward for staying on track. Feel appreciated, loved and worthy.
Coronavirus (COVID-19) and the restrictions surrounding it, are creating challenges for all businesses and individuals. Blue Social has experience in dealing with sensitive subject matter, including mental health, incident-specific reputation management and the current NHS coronavirus campaign.
We understand the challenges you are facing. We can help.
Get in touch to discuss with no obligation.